Pootharekulu made of dry fruits badam, cashew and pista. Made with special ghee and available in sugar and Jaggery.
Net Weight : Available in 250 gms, 500 gms and 1 Kg packs
Quantity : 20 pcs per kg
Shelf time : 3 weeks ( better tasted when consumed in a week)
How Pootharekulu will be made?
The recipe of Pootharekulu is not so hard but bit complicated. First thing first you need rekulu ( a very thin paper from rice soup) and these can't easily prepared in today's kitchens. A traditional Andhra style oven and clay pot.
For Making these thin rice papers
- 1. Soak the rice over night and make it a loose batter.
- Traditional oven(Poyya) put a Clay Pot upside down.
- The lower part of pot acts a pan apply oil on it.
- Take a new clean cloth of A4 size then soak the cloth in batter.
- Gently lay the cloth on the top of the pot with in 30 secs the paper will be ready.
- Repeat the process again and again until you get the desire quantity. ( 2 Papers required to make 1 Poothareku)
- Make Sugar Power and put it in a handy bowl.
- Make Power of Badam, Cashew and Pistha and also some flakes of these.
- Take 2 Rice Papers and apply low heat pure ghee add sugar power / Organic Jaggery powder, add dry fruit power at last add dry fruit flakes.
- Wrap it in a way the all ingredients are protected and does not spill over.
Good and delicious sweets, I like the taste and packing. Highly recommend for others to taste.
Taste n Tell Snacks
Not yet commenced. Will do so.
I must say it was by sheer chance that I stumbled upon 'godavarivantillu' as I was searching for some Andhra sweets. Mine was a bulk order and needed some customization with the packaging too before its shipped. I was not 100% sure if they'd accept such order. But they did. They did a real good job in gift packing all the parcels they sent. And I got the sweets fresh.... just the next day they were made. Needless to say everyone who tasted them were quite impressed. Thanks 'godavarivantillu' for making our Ugadi a 'sweet' one !!
First of all I say that I should provide delivary tracking details. Very good shipping. Over all I recieved the purchase not very soon. According to taste it's really amazing and realy it feels homemade.