Immerse Yourself into The World of Sweetness: We at Godavari Vantillu, offer you the authentic Andhra sweet-making cuisine Junnu Powder, which was produced by following the traditional cooking methods followed by our elegant ancestors.
This Junnu or Kharvas Powder is offered in numerous packs of 250 gms.
Junnu, also known as colostrum and kharvas is a milk pudding cooked using the colostrum produced by a cow during an initial couple of days after delivery of the calf. The milk pudding is made of colostrum-rich milk, also called Junnu Palu, and will be appetizing with the addition of jaggery and a tinge of cardamom and pepper to the dessert. Order the Junnu powder and let your family relish the delectable flavor of Kharvas pudding.
Junnu Powder / Colostrum Powder
Instructions to cook
- Mix 100 grams of Junnu Powder. 100 grams of Sugar or 150 grams of Jaggery with 500ml of milk.
- Add cardamom or elaichi powder.
- Mix until powder is completely diluted in milk to make sure that milk has no lumps
- Fill water in a pressure cooker (or any other similar vessel) and place the bowl filled with the mix, then sprinkle a pinch of pepper powder on the top cook for 15 mins on low flame.
- Let it cool for 10 mins and serve.
Amount per serving
The colostrum milk powder is rich in nutrients that provide the specific antibodies to improve immunity. The antibodies are 100 times higher in colostrum milk powder than the normal bovine milk. This also helps to burn the excess fat and in the growth of lean muscle besides increasing stamina and vitality.
Junnu Powder is required to be stored in an air-tight container immediately after unpacking. The best before the date for Kharvas Powder is 6 months from the opening or manufacture date.