Unique Andhra Sweet: Godavari Vantillu is a confectionary company, and we offer you an authentic Andhra sweet, Kakinada Gottam Kaja, which was produced by following the traditional cooking methods followed by our elegant forerunners. This is where we reinstate the flavors from antiquity.
This Kakinada Kaja sweet is available in different quantities of 250 gms, 500 gms, and 1 kg.
Kakinada Kaja, also known as Gottam Kaja, is popular from the town named Kakinada and is definitely on the top list of Andhra Style sweets, especially when we talk about Godavari Style Sweets. This Kaja is special in taste with juicy texture inside and harder texture from the outside. A very good balance between sweetness, juicy, fluffy, and crunchy feel makes this dish unique. Although this dish is highly popular in Godavari districts, it is very hard to find the same in many popular Telugu towns and cities.
Amount per serving
The authentic sweet Gottam kaja has higher health benefits from preventing anemia to improving cardiac health. The antioxidant properties of cardamom help in fighting against cancer.
Kotaiah kaja must be stored in an air-tight container immediately after unloading. They are best before 5 days from the opening date or date of manufacture.
- What is Kakinada Kaja?
- Kakinada Kaja also known as Gottam Kaja, is popular from the town name Kakinada is definitely on the top list of Andhra Style sweets especially when we talk about Godavari Style Sweets.
- How does it Taste?
- This Kaja is special in taste with juicy texture inside and harder texture from the outside. A very good balance between sweetness, juicy, fluffy, and crunchy feel makes this dish unique. Although this dish is highly popular in Godavari districts it is very hard to find the same in many popular Telugu towns and cities.
- History of Kakinada Kaja
- This variant of Kaja was initially introduced by kotaiah sweets of Kakinada by Chittipeddi Kotaiah who is the founder of Kotaiah sweets. Being into sweet business, the great Kotaiah garu thought of trying something different style in Kaja and the outcome is what we call Kakinada Kaja or Kakinada Kotaiah gari Kaja.
- Popularity in culture
- This sweet is widely adopted by Godavari people on every occasion especially in marriages. Most of the marriages in East Godavari serve this sweet at dinner or lunch parties.
- Ingredients :
• All-purpose flour - 1 cup.
• Butter - 1 tablespoon.
• Cooking soda - pinch.
• Ghee - 1 kg.
• Sugar - 1 cup.
• Water - as required.
• Salt - pinch.
- Recipe - Making of Kakinada gottam Kaja seems to be easy when we listen to the process but it's hard to get the perfect variant with numerous trials. First, we need to make a dough mixing water and ghee into the all-purpose flour and keep it aside for 1 hour. After 1 hour makes a sugar syrup in a separate vessel and before it gets ready on the other vessel add ghee and fry pieces of all-purpose flour dough. It has to be moderately fried and while it's hot, dip these in sugar syrup for 5 mins. Your favorite kakinada kaja is ready.
- Shelf life: 8-14 days, when made with Ghee, advised consuming within 8 days for lasting freshness.
The specialty of Godavari Vantillu: At Godavari Vantillu our vision is to bring back the traditional recipes like our grand mother's days and serve them to our customers with superior quality and freshness. Especially for Kakinada Kaja, our team underwent 300+ trials to bring this perfect variant that we are serving today. As it's becoming very hard for Telugu people to find the best Kakinada Kaja in Hyderabad, Bangalore, United States, etc. Godavari Vantillu team offers online delivery of the same which is made just hours before the dispatch.